- To keep your data safe and private.
- Not to sell your data.
- To give you ways to manage and review your marketing choices at any time:
At Moody Sewage we are committed to ensuring that your personal information is protected and never misused.
Data Controller: Moody Sewage Ltd, 254 Upper Shoreham Road, Shoreham-by-Sea, BN43 6BF
Privacy policies can be complicated. We have tried to make ours as clear and as accessible as possible. To help, we have also summarised how we handle your personal information at Moody Sewage Ltd in our privacy principles below. These principles demonstrate our commitment to protecting your privacy and handling your personal information in the right way and as you would expect it to be handled.
At Moody Sewage Ltd we:
- Will only ask for or collect the personal information we need to provide and improve the service and experiences our customers expect.
- Give you control over the personal information we hold about you to ensure it is accurate and reflects your preferences.
- Make sure your personal information is always secure and protected.
- Are fair and transparent about how we use the personal information we hold.
- Only ever use your personal information for the purpose that you trusted us to use it for.
- Take responsibility for the personal information that we hold about you.
PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We are not interested in collecting every personal detail about you. Our main reason for collecting your personal information is to provide and improve the service and experiences that you and our customers expect from us.
Moody Sewage collects and processes a range of personal information about you. This includes:
- Full name
- Addresses – both commercial and domestic
- Phone numbers
- Email addresses
Personal information is defined slightly differently across the world. To guarantee your privacy and the protection of your information, we define it as any information that could be used to identify you or another individual.
We collect personal information about you in a number of different ways. In this section, we explain the different ways we collect personal information about you and the ways in which that information will be used. For more detail on how we use your personal information, please see the section titled “How do we use your personal information?
Information you share with us
We collect personal information that you share with us when you contact us or interact with us through our website, email, phone, in person at your property, or otherwise.
For example, you will provide information to us when you contact our customer service team, request one of our services or update your preferences and account information.
Through these interactions you may share with us: your name, address, e-mail address, contact number and payment information. In some circumstances, we will need that information to be able to provide you with the service that you have asked for; for example, we need your payment information when you request a service, and your address to fulfil this for you.
Information from your online interactions
We collect and store limited personal information and some anonymous, aggregate statistics from all visitors to our website, whether you actively provide us with that information or merely browse our website. The information we collect includes the browser software you use, your operating system, the date and time of access, the internet address of the website from which you link through to our website and information on how you use our website.
We use this information so that we can see how well our website is working, how they are used and what users look at most.
We also collect and handle information about how you engage with our promotional campaigns and advertising online, outside of our own websites (for example, on Google and on social media).
As a user of our services, we will send you communications by e-mail. As long as you are happy for us to do so, we would also like to keep you posted on anything that’s happening at Moody Sewage Ltd which we think you might like to know about; whether it’s our latest product announcements, offers, we want to make sure you’re happy with the communications you receive from us. You can find out how to update or change whether you would like to hear from us, or stop us contacting you, in the section below titled ‘How can you change the way that we contact you?’
We love interacting with you on social media. You may use social media to contact us about your needs, or to let people know what you think about Moody Sewage Ltd. We review publically available social media and online sites to get a better understanding of what people are saying about us, and our services and to assist consumers who prefer to contact us through social media.
The information we collect from social media and online sites, including Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, Pinterest, Line and Snapchat, sometimes includes personal information that has been put online and is publically available. We make sure any information we use is properly credited to its source or is made anonymous.
These online and social media sites typically have their own privacy policies explaining how they use and share your personal information. You should carefully review those privacy policies before you use these sites to make sure that you are happy with how your personal information is being collected and shared.
HOW DO WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Our main reason for collecting and using your personal information is to provide and improve the services and experiences that you expect from us.
Information you share with us
We use the personal information you share with us in the following ways:
- To respond to your queries and requests;
- To communicate with you;
- To provide services and support for our products;
- For customer satisfaction surveys to enable us to identify where service improvements can be made and to allow us to improve your experience
- To provide updates to you about any changes to Moody Sewage Ltd policies, terms and conditions and any other matters which we may need to tell you;
- As long as you are happy for us to do so, to tell you about our other services; and
- To provide you with essential service updates about your Moody Sewage Ltd services;
Information from your online interactions
We use the personal information from your online interactions, by itself and in combination with other personal information that we collect about you to identify any part of our website that isn’t working as well as it should be – so that we can fix things and make our website better for you and other users;
We also want to be able to monitor your use of our website, and how you engage with our promotional campaigns and advertising online, so that we can:
- Customise and improve the way that you shop with us in future (for example, by showing you services and offers that we think you might like); and
- (as long as you are happy for us to do so) send you more relevant and interesting marketing communications.
You have the right to object to our monitoring of your use of our website and how you engage with our promotional campaigns and advertising online for these purposes. For more information on how to exercise your right to object, see the section below titled ‘Your controls and choices’.
Other potential uses of your personal information
We use your personal information:
- To assist in any disputes, claims or investigations relating to your Moody Sewage Ltd service or warranty matters;
- To detect and prevent fraudulent transactions;
- To comply with our legal obligations.; and
- For profiling and statistical analysis. As part of this activity we combine different categories of personal information that we collect about you.
What is our justification for handling your personal information in this way
Data protection and privacy laws in some countries require us to have what’s called a “legal basis” or “lawful ground” for handling personal information. Broadly, that means that we have to have a legal justification for handling your personal information. For the most part, we need to handle your personal information to be able to:
- provide you with the services that you have asked for; and
- for our services and website to be able to work properly and to do all the things that you expect them to.
Sometimes, our use of your personal information is not strictly necessary for us to be able to provide you with our services, or for them to work properly. In those circumstances, we have what’s called a “legitimate interest” in handling your personal information; our “legitimate interest” may be to:
- detect and prevent fraud;
- keep our website and IT systems secure;
- ensure that our own processes, procedures and systems are as efficient as possible;
- analyse and enhance the information that we collect;
- determine the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns and advertising; and
- customise and improve the way that you shop and engage with us in future.
There will be certain personal information that you share with us which we specify as being optional (for example, when you update your account information). We will explain how we use that information and if you choose to provide it to us, you are agreeing to our use of your information in that way. You can ask us to delete that information at any time by contacting our team on the telephone or by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Finally, in some, relatively limited circumstances we will need to handle your personal information in a certain way to be able to comply with our legal obligations; for example, if we are requested to disclose your personal information to regulatory bodies or law enforcement authorities.
Ultimately, the reason we handle your personal information in the way we do is so that we can directly or indirectly, improve our services and your overall experience of Moody Sewage Ltd as a business. Whatever our justification for handling your personal information (whether it is necessary for us to provide you with a certain product, or it is in our “legitimate interests”), we make sure that we take steps to honour our commitment to protect your privacy.
Our Moody promise to you
We love to keep you posted, whether it’s on our latest service announcements or upcoming events.
We do this using e-mail and post but only if you are happy for us to do so. Ultimately, we want to make sure you’re happy with the communications you receive from us.
We therefore promise to:
- Only send you marketing communications when you have told us it is ok to do so;
- Never pass your personal information to anyone outside Moody Sewage Ltd for them to use for their own marketing purposes; and
- Give you the option to stop receiving support or marketing communications at any time.
- They enable you to transact, whilst other non-essential cookies enable us to give you an enhanced, personalised web experience.
- To personalise and improve your customer experience.
- To recognise the device that you are using.
- To record the areas of the Site that you have visited, services you have viewed and time spent browsing. Moody Sewage uses this information to help make the website more user friendly, develop our Site design and to continuously improve the quality of the service we provide.
Are Cookies safe?
Yes. The information stored in cookies is safe and anonymous to any external third party, and your account security is never compromised. You can find more information about cookies at www.allaboutcookies.org and www.youronlinechoices.com. For a video about cookies visit www.google.com/intl/en-GB/policies/technologies/cookies/
Can I turn off Cookies?
To change your cookie settings, or if you want to be notified each time a cookie is about to be used, you should amend the settings provided in your web browser to prevent us from storing cookies on your computer hard drive.
For information on how to disable cookies, please consult the “Help” tab of your browser via the menu bar.
Our Site uses Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google Inc. (Google). Google analytics uses text files which are stored on your computer (“cookies”) to enable analysis of users’ website use. Information created and collected by the cookie regarding users’ use of this website will generally be transmitted to and stored on servers in the USA. Please note that IP anonymisation is permanently activated on this website resulting in the deletion of the last eight characters of a user’s IP address. This shortening of a user’s IP address is carried out within the European Union or in another contracting member state of the European Economic Area. In exceptional circumstances, this process may be carried out in the USA.
Google uses the information gathered on this website on behalf of the website’s operator to analyse anonymised users’ usage of the website, to generate reports regarding anonymised users’ website activity, to create anonymous user profiles and web statistics and to provide further services on behalf of the website’s operator associated with the website and internet usage. The IP address transmitted by a user’s browser will not be combined with any other data. Further information on how Google uses, collects and processes data can be viewed via this link.
MOODY CUSTOMER SUPPORT
From time-to-time, we use your personal information to help you with our Moody Sewage services or system you own.
We do this using e-mail and phone.
As a user of our services, we will send you the following support communications:
- Helpful information about your service;
- Reminders about maintenance due;
- Alerts regarding any important product safety or recall announcements; and
- Requests for your feedback on how we perform after you have used our services.
We will send you support communications unless you change your preferences, or tell us that you want to stop receiving support communications from us. Please see the section below for more information about how to do this.
If your details change, please let us know so that we can continue to stay in touch.
CHANGING THE WAY THAT WE CONTACT YOU ABOUT OUR SERVICES
We will only send you marketing communications when you have told us that you are happy for us to do so.
You can change the way that we contact you in the following ways:
Opt-In/Start Contacting Me
If you hadn’t previously asked us to send you marketing communications, you can ask us to start contacting you (sometimes called an “opt-in”) by contacting the Moody Sewage team and stating that you would like to receive communications from us.
Changing your preferences
If you have previously said that you would like us to contact you (“opted-in”) but would like to change or update the way that we do so, you can update your preferences by by contacting the Moody Sewage team via telephone or email and stating that you would like to change or update the way that we contact you.
Opt-Out/Stop Contacting Me
If you want to stop receiving marketing or support communications from us (sometimes called “opting out”), you can do so at any time by:
- Contacting the Moody Sewage team and stating that you would like to receive communications from us
- Using the unsubscribe option included in all our e-mail correspondence (on all marketing), or
- Emailing our team team at email@example.com
DO WE SHARE WITH THIRD PARTIES?
Most importantly, we never sell your personal information to anyone. Your information may be shared internally, including with members of the sales and marketing team and our finance team to process your payments. Moody Sewage does not share your data with third parties unless the law requires us to do so.
We do however utilise the services of various third-party companies for internal processing purposes who may as a result hold your data including the following:
Accountancy Software – Kashflow
Website & Server Support
Telephone & Website Payment Processing – Sage Pay
Email Marketing & Automation Software – MailChimp
HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION FOR?
YOU’RE IN CONTROL
Where possible, we give you control over the personal information we collect about you, to ensure it is accurate and reflects your preferences. You have the right to access, update and amend personal information that we hold about you; you can do that in relation to some of your personal information in your account. If you would like to change the way that we contact you, see the section above titled ‘How can you change the way that we contact you about our products, services and support?’
In certain circumstances, you can also:
- Object to our use of your personal information for certain purposes;
- Ask us to limit or restrict our use of your personal information;
- Ask us to correct, remove or delete personal information about you; or
- Ask us to provide your personal information to a third party provider of services.
Please note that those rights do not always apply and there are certain exceptions to them. We will also need to confirm identity before acting on certain requests.
If you would like to exercise any of your rights in relation to your personal information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
HOW DO WE PROTECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We are committed to protecting your personal information. We use appropriate technical and organisational measures, including encryption, to protect your personal information and privacy, and review those regularly. We protect your personal information using a combination of physical and IT security controls, including access controls that restrict and manage the way in which your personal information and data is processed, managed and handled. We also ensure that our staff are adequately trained in protecting your personal information.
In the unlikely event that we do suffer a security breach which compromises our protection of your personal information and we need to let you know about it, we will do so.
CHANGES TO THIS POLICY